Monday, January 26, 2009

Let's get started...

Insurance, in its most basic form, is intended to indemnify you in the event of a loss.

Over the years, insurance companies have expanded their policies to provide coverage for an increased number of events or circumstances that could cause a financial loss to you, the insured.

Along with the expanded coverages, most insurance companies have also improved their level of service to you by offering information or services that can reduce or eliminate some types of loss. Yes, these preventative measures might save the insurance company some money, but more importantly, they could save you from losing something of great value – be it a prized possession or simply the time and hassle of having to deal with repairing or replacing something.

Because of the broader coverage polices, I know there have been many times where people have paid for things out of their pocket that would have been covered by insurance and they did not realize it.

At the other end of the spectrum, and even worse, there have been many times when someone was unprepared for a loss because they thought an event or circumstance would be covered and it was excluded.

I have been grateful that many times over the years I have been able to save people money by letting them know that a loss they had might be covered by their insurance. People are often surprised at how inclusive their coverage actually is. Unfortunately, every policy does have exclusions and limitations. Those exclusions and limitations can be devastating if you are not prepared or protected otherwise.

I like helping people sort through what can be boring and overwhelming for them, but interesting and exciting to me. I like working with people and helping them protect the important things in their lives.

I started my own insurance agency for all these reasons and I think this blog will be a good extension of my work. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Even if I am not your agent, I willing to help with your insurance questions.

My hope is that this blog will serve as a resource to help people manage the risks in their lives be more aware of what is available to protect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment